Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Statement Necklaces

I'm one of those people that would rather wear a really simply outfit and top it off with amazing accessories. I have a steadily growing jewellery collection (mainly bought in the sales) but there are a few stunning statement necklaces around at the moment that I would happily swap a lot of my things for! Statement necklaces are conversation starters and they can say a lot about your style and personality. Several times I have asked strangers where they got their amazing necklace and they've happily gushed about it in the street to me. This is the effect of a truly gorgeous piece of jewellery and it's something we should all experience.

Here are a few of my favourites that are out and about on the interwebs...


Accessorize

Crucifixes are everywhere at the moment because of the gothic trend this season. The bright colours in this keep it feminine and refreshing meaning that you can embrace the goth in you without pouring on the black!


Asos

Sticking with the gothic look, this is the upmarket ice cold version of the cute and girly above. This is a great mix of textures and shapes. Bringing the baroque in with the classic pendants and combining with the clinical smoothness of the spikes makes this a really interesting piece that you'll be wearing for a long time! I love this. (My bank balance will not)

Asos

The bee, the gold, the flashes of berry jewels. What's not to love? I really like seeing bugs on necklaces for some reason. And they always remind me of that 2010 topshop necklace. The one that got away. Sigh.

River Island

I'm not even sure where to start on this one! The info box says it all really, acrylic, glass, metal... a truly eclectic mix of colours and textures. This is a fantastic baroque accessory. Classic shapes combined to make something truly unique and exciting. And I love those green eyes on the lion. 


River Island
Animals are all over our knits for this season, why not add a few more? This necklace keeps you engaged. The complex design is complimented by it's neutral palette and would look great over a plain, bright coloured tee. I would wear this with rich forest green and black jeans. Beautiful.


Topshop

Last but not least is this space-age offering from Topshop.  It's really simple compared to my other choices but I love the novelty aspect of this and can see it with a multitude of outfits. I'd combine with silver eye shadow and a plum lip for futuristic fabulousness.

So thats a few of my favourites for this season. Which was your favourite? Do you have any in your collection already? Let me know in the comments.

Lauren


2 comments:

  1. Ugh I love that lion head one; if I wasn't so broke, I would have plans for that necklace!

    Great finds! :)

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Although my boyfriend did ask for a Christmas list so I might just hand him this ;)
      Thank you so much :)

      Delete