Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

December Eye Make-Up Challenge and Tutorial: Day 6, Warm Autumnal

Yet another apology is in order. This should of course have been up yesterday but sadly I received some seriously sh*tty news in that I was given my three weeks notice at work. Essentially, I've lost my job. Being the over dramatic sap I am I spent a good portion of yesterday crying and therefore didn't get to do this look. I'm really sorry it's late but I put some extra effort into this and made it into a tutorial! So you'll be able to recreate this look if you're that way inclined.

A quick disclaimer, I am in no way a make up artist, I probably do a million things wrong. This is just the way that I create this particular look.

This is one of my favourite looks. I've been a bit confused about the colour of my eyes for years but I honestly would really like them to be green and by using red shades for eye shadow I find that the green tones in my iris really "pop." This look is essentially a more intense version of a FOTD that I did recently.
I used my Body Shop Eyeshadow Brush and Eyeshadow Blender Brush with the Sleek Sunset Palette like this:
Step 1.
I start by packing in some of the highlighter in the corner of my eye, across the first section of my lid, onto my brow bone and along part of both lash lines.


This shimmery peach shade is one of my favourites from the Sunset Palette and I'm terrified that I'm about to hit pan!

Step 2.
Add the coppery red tone across the entire lid. I use my crease to create the initial shape and then work down towards my lash line. I can then assess how far to go up and blend it out slowly.


I would probably end it here if I wanted to go for a more subtle Summer "peachy" look. Simple blending out a finish with a brown mascara.

Step 3.
Define the lid shape by working the deep red into the crease and alone the edge of the shadows to create a fairly sharp wing. I also added a little under my lash line to carry the wing downwards.


Of course you can create any shape you like but I find this looks really cool and aggressive. Not for the faint hearted!

Step 4. 
Take a fluffy blending brush and gather up some more of the highlight shade and push it out from the corner of your eye into the rest of the design, blending away any harsh lines as you go. The eyeliner here is completely optional. I feel like without the liner you get a more "editorial" feel to the look but you know how I love my black liquid liner!


Then it's simply a case of adding your favourite mascara! It's easiest to wear this with a nude lip but where's the fun in that?

This is elf lipstick in Sociable and the bright red beanie than my boyfriend's Nan knitted for me!


Well there we are! I really hoped you liked this look and I'd love to see your interpretation if you try it out! Tomorrow is Cool Winter and I can't wait to play with my elf 100 Palette.

Lauren

P.S. I didn't use any primer or base. Sleek is just that good.
P.P.S. I know I have weird wonky eyes and I need an eyebrow wax. Sorry.

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and also Christmassy! I think I might give this a go :)

    Sorry to here about your job, I hope you're okay <3

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you :) I hope the tutorial helps.
      Pfft yeah. What can you do? :( I'm alright :P

      x

      Delete
  2. I love autumnal colours! It looks lovely :)

    www.addiction-a-la-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! best time of year :) Thank you:D x

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about your job xx I hope something better comes along for you soon. Your makeup looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know such a shame :( thank you so much :) I hope so too x

      Delete
  4. very very pretty! I wish I could pull off those orangey shades but I just have the wrong skin tone :(
    Lovely makeup look though...now following! :)
    Nicole
    x

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh that's such a shame! I bet you look fantastic in blues, that's the one I struggle with :( thank you so much :D! I'll check out your link now x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous look! & I love the liquid eye liner :) x

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peachy and pretty. You don't have to be a makeup artist to love beauty and give tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Because I really enjoyed doing this :) looking forward to making some more in the future x

      Delete
  7. God I wish I was competent with liquid eyeliner. I just look awful when I attempt it, really out of practice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it! Once you've got your technique down you can do it in seconds. I find it so much faster and prettier than pencils x

      Delete