Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

December Eye Make-Up Challenge: Day 2 "Cat-Eye Liner"

I had to think long and hard about this one. I already wear a regular liquid eyeliner flick as my every day make up, so I really wanted to go out of the box and try something I've never done before. The end result was this:


Okay so obviously this isn't your average day-time look! I really wanted to concentrate on the idea of being a cat. I think this is more of a costume look but I could definitely imagine wearing it to a party.
To create this look I first used my Body Shop Eye Definer to lightly "map out" my graphic flicks. I then went over them with my Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner and created two separate flicks coming from my upper and lower lash lines. The hardest bit for me here was using the liquid liner on my lower lashline as it's something I've never done before! I made quite a mess and had to adjust several times. I'm still not 100% happy with the shape but for a first try it's not bad at all!
The shadow used here is the yellow-gold shade in the Sleek Sunset palette. I thought this would add just a subtle pop of colour and I'm really happy with my choice. (Even if it is a bit waspy/bumble-bee like) I did toy with using a green or red but I think the yellow-gold is quite regal, just how cats seem to think of themselves! Mascara is my trusty Body Shop Super Volume in Black.


So that's look two all taken care of! I really hope you liked my interpretation, let me know in the comments. I've linked look one above if you wanted to check that out.

Lauren

P.S. Be sure to check out Beth's original version and enter into her competition if you like!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely challenge, I hadn't seen it.
    I love this! I wanted to do a post on graphic eyeliner. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you :) I can't take all the credit, I spoke to another blogger about adapting her challenge and she kindly said I could :)
      I'm glad you like it! You definitely should :) feel free to use this challenge :) x

      Delete
  2. Love it! Think you could pull this of as a nightout look as well.

    xo, Vita
    http://pixievita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you probably could too :) I'd have to be feeling confident though!

      x

      Delete
  3. Wow this looks amazing! Can you come round and do my make up please?! ;) xx

    www.northernblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only! I'm afraid I'd be more likely to blind you than get anywhere close to this...haha
      Thank you so much :) and thanks for the link I'll check it out now :) xxx

      Delete
  4. love this look! looks so gorgeous!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm loving this experiment :) xxx

      Delete
  5. The winged look is bold and fun! I can definitely see the cat inspiration :) Perfect party eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you like it haha. It was hard work work >:| but I'll definitely try this again :) x

      Delete
  6. this is stunning. LOVE!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful look, this challenge is great x

    ReplyDelete