Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

December Eye Make-Up Challenge: Introduction and Day 1 "Something Natural"

I recently came across a really interesting idea for a month-long eye make-up challenge at Beth's blog All Things Beautiful.  Unfortunately it was for October so I thought that I wouldn't be able to enter the competition that she had created around it. However, I wanted to do it so much that decided to email Beth and see if she would allow me to slightly adapt her competition into a personal December challenge. Being the lovely person that she is, she told me that she was fine with letting me do it and would even allow me to enter my creations into her competition for a chance at the prize! Needless to say I'm thrilled as this is just a wonderful perk to my original goal of getting outside my comfort zone and practising my skills. Thank you Beth. So here is my slightly different version:


I'm going to do a look every other day starting today. You can find all the information about Beth's original challenge here. Make sure you have a look around and see what other people have done!

So without further ado, here is my "Natural" offering for December 3rd:


I used my MUA Undressed Palette Exclusively to create this look! I even used the included sponge applicator to see if I could make it look good. I don't think it did too bad a job at all, proof that you don't need expensive brushes to create a nice natural eye look!


This is how I used my palette. Lots of blending later and I'm quite happy with the result! I also added a single layer of mascara using my Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black. I realise that it could have been a lot more natural (for example just mascara) but I really wanted to push myself by combining some neutral eye shadows. I hope you like my interpretation.

So that's challenge number 1! The competition is still open at Beth's blog for her original challenge so get entering if it's something you fancy doing. I would love to see some more of these looks!

What do you think of my natural look?

Lauren

4 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I should try and create these looks I'm rubbish at eye shadow! I like your natural look. I always feel over dressed with it on but I think what you've done is so lovely.

    Great blog hun, i'm now following can't wait to see your other looks! xx
    x
    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel like a serious novice with eyeshadow, hopefully this will give me some much needed practice and I'll be a total pro come new year ;) Aww thank you :) it was so easy! I think sometimes eyeshadow can definitely be more of a going-out thing. I have to admit I usually save it for special occasions (or working Saturdays, snore)

      Thank you so much! I'm excited about them :)

      x

      Delete
  2. i love your natural look!! and that MUA palette is so pretty!! natural looks are actually harder to create than i thought and you really did a great job here!

    lovely blog!!

    -elvie
    please take some time to check out mine! i am a new blogger!
    www.elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Undressed palette it's great quality and really cheap :)
      Yeah I did have to think about this one a little bit I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out :)

      I certainly will! x

      Delete