Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

e.l.f Haul

I'm so excited that my elf cosmetics have finally arrived! I placed my order at night on their 50% off Birthday (the site traffic was just too crazy to do anything during the day) on December 2nd and it arrived yesterday. I don't think a week is too bad at all considering the amount of orders they must have had. I've never used elf products before and I've always thought of them as a distinctly American brand so I'm really happy that I'm getting the chance to try them.





Everything was really well packed and sturdy but the cardboard packing stuff had left a lot of dusty residue all over the products. It's not really an issue for me to dust them off though.

 From top left going clockwise: Lipstick in Posh, Sociable and Flirtatious £1.50 each, Eyelid Primer in Sheer £1.50, High Definition Powder in Translucent £6, Blush in Twinkle Pink and Matte Lip Color in Rich Red £3.75

I also picked up the 100 Eye Shadow Palette £15 because for £7.50, I wouldn't mind if I only loved a quarter of them! Upon opening this palette I was a little surprised to see that the majority of the colours are warm toned and there are no true blues. Every blue toned shadow was more green or purple. This confused me really because for 100 shadows, would it have been that hard to pop in a few blues? Or even a nice golden yellow for that matter! Despite that, I'm still really looking forward to trying these out and finding the ones with the best pigmentation. Hopefully my new primer can help me get the best of them!

I haven't touched a single one of these products yet but I'm really excited to start reviewing them tomorrow! I hope you liked my little haul and choices. What is your favourite elf product?


Lauren

12 comments:

  1. These all look amazing! I've been thinking about ordering something from ELF for months, as everyone seems to love them. So I think my time will come after Christmas is done with :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work as good as they look! You'll definitely have to show me what you buy! :) x

      Delete
  2. You got so many things :) I love that elf has 50% off offers so often. I had the same I issue with my order (not really a big deal though) it came with a lot of dust and little white dots everywhere. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww and it was only £20 including delivery :) yeah I think it's the odd shredded cardboard. No biggie :) x

      Delete
  3. You got so many nice things! I've not ordered from ELF for a few years now (no particular reason why) and I love their brushes. Getting big boxes in the post is always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I didn't think to look at the brushes :) thanks for sharing that. I know, it's like getting a present! So much more fun than real shopping but I hate the delayed gratification :( x

      Delete
  4. Great post, you got a ton of fun things!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! That palette is crazzzy!! Only 7.50 what a bloody bargain! I've never ever bought anything from elf before but everyone seems to love it! Maybs it's time i gave it a shot xxx

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the shades are a bit hit and miss. I might do a massive swatchathon soon :) x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow. I wasn't planning on purchasing any of their large eyeshadow palettes as the pics on the site aren't that great. But I can see from your photo that those colours are amazing. I may have to reconsider purchasing a palette. Possible to see a swatch of Twinkle Pink? I've been considering this blush but wasn't sure if it was overly glittery >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure thing! It does have a lot of glitter, but it's a neutral shade so it would be lovely for night time. Plus you could always buff away the glitter with a kabuki to get a more natural finish :) x

      Delete