Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Get To Know Me Tag

Sadly  I haven't been able to do any of the reviews that I would have liked to post today because I've been testing my Elf Beauty Book all day (I won a competition and my review is going to be featured on the Elf Blog, eeee!) Consequently I thought it would be a nice idea to try one of these little tags so you can get to know me better! Here's hoping I don't bore you to death...

1. Are you named after anyone?
You'll laugh at this, but I was named after the classic actress Lauren Bacall. Needless to say I am not blessed with her looks, grace or talent. This is what happens when you give your children too much to live up to.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday. I had a mini breakdown because I couldn't figure out why my fish pie didn't look like the one in the recipe book. I never thought I was ever going to have to admit that to anybody. Go figure.

3. Do you have kids?
Thankfully no. It's something I want to do in the distant (ish) future but for me now I love my limited money and expansive free time too much.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I bet £10 that no ones ever said no to this. Of course I'd like to think I'd be my friend, but maybe I'd think that I try too hard to be nice and come off creepy and desperate. I have so much self esteem!

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
I want to say that I use it sparingly to comic effect, but maybe a little bit too much to irritating effect. I hate when people do it to put others down and make them feel stupid though, that's the worst.

6. Will you ever Bungee Jump?
Absolutely not! I don't trust the average deck chair to hold me let alone a glorified piece of string. Would love the rush though.

7. What's your favourite cereal?
Without a doubt, Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Clusters with Chocolate Curls. Unhh, get inside me! So bad but so tasty. I find they double as both breakfast and dessert. I actually just bought a box today...



8. What's the first thing you notice about people?
Their skin, their hair and the way they walk. In that order. After that I like to watch how they treat strangers, you can tell a lot about a person from the way they talk to wait staff.

9. What is your eye colour?
It's up for debate. Feel free to weigh in. I find it's a grey/blue that sometimes leans green and I have a patch of ambery/brown around the iris? Very strange and different in every light.


10. Scary movie or happy endings?
Can I say a sad ending? Or a poignant, made-you-think ending? I'd say happy out of the two.

11. Favourite smells?
Freshly washed sheets, petrol, new paper and old books.

12. Summer or winter?
Summer because it reminds me of my mother and I love the feeling that the sun gives me. I feel invincible in the sun. (But definitely Winter for the fashion, layering = love!)

13. Computer or television?
Computer all the way. I can't internet shop or blog on a television! Madness.

14. What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
I spent way too long (6 months) in Tunisia when I was young. I've never felt more lost or far from home as I did there. Such a bizarre mix of memories from those times!

15. Do you have any special talents?

I'm pretty good with arty stuff! I can paint and draw and they almost look like what I'm working from. Yaknow, sometimes.

16. Where were you born?

About 4 streets away from where I now sit. Kettering General Hospital. You know this one, famous for having the 5th highest death toll for C.Diff. Yay home pride!

17. What are your hobbies?

You're looking at it sweet cheeks ;) this and scaring strangers that are trying to shop for make-up by trying to talk swatches and pigmentation with them. I'm not sorry.

18. Do you have any pets?

Yes! I have two of the sweetest girls ever. My darling rats (yes you read that right, don't judge them before you know them!) Anchovy and Cashew. Cashew is shy and moody and nibbles my socks but Anchovy is like a puppy, she follows you round and likes to snuggle up with you. I also have my wonderful dog that lives with my Grandma, (who is still my mum's dog in my eyes) Tess who is coming up for 10 next year and still looks like a puppy. If she could dye her grey whiskers she would, bless her.

19. Favourite movie?

Who could choose?! Let's just list a few, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Edward Scissorhands, Sunshine, Aliens, The Devil Wears Prada, Pulp Fiction and anything with Mark Ruffalo in it. Oh my God. Oh Mark please. I find him irresistible and I'm not even sure why. 

Oh yeah, that's why.

20. Do you have any siblings?
I have one troubled brother, Perry, who is just a year younger than me. I struggle to understand how we ended up so different, but I still love him.

For the odd references to my family: my Mother died when I was 15 after a car accident. I don't know my Father very well because he left when I was 8 and decided he wanted to see me after the accident. I currently see him maybe four times a year for birthdays and Christmas and it's always a shallow family dinner. I lived with my Grandma (on my Mothers side) from 15 to 18 and then I moved out with my boyfriend and our flatmate. I spent all that time in Tunisia because my Mother decided to marry a Tunisian man who turned out to be horrifically abusive and effectively ruined what time I had left with her (unbeknownst to me at the time.) I'm not begging for sympathy or making excuses for anything, I just wanted to say this because it feels better every time I do. Anyone that's going through anything that I've mentioned, feel free to talk to me. You're not alone and it does get better. Stay strong.

9 comments:

  1. Snuggling with a rat sounds so cute! I'm sorry to hear about your mum :( You're such a lovely person! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anchovy is such a sweetie :) x

      Delete
  2. Really nice to get to know you a bit better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) would love for you to do this too :) x

      Delete
  3. Aw babe I feel for you.. you must be such a strong person to have managed to deal with this. I'm sure it must ave been pretty HORRIBLE at first (probably still is at times?) but MY! You are doing so well for yourself and I BET your Mum would be so proud of you :) xx
    Jessica, from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica :) It's true, it's still hard. Particularly at this time of year. I really appreciate it :) I hope she would be too. xx

      Delete
  4. Loved reading this, it's nice to get to know you better. Sounds like you've had a hard life but oh my, you've been so strong and I've said it already but I think you're such a lovely person! You're very inspiring to me xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such an amazing compliment :) you're a wonderful person too x

      Delete