Pages

Sunday 16 December 2012

Holly Jolly Christmas Tag

The beautiful, vibrant and intelligent Wanischa from Wanischa S tagged me for this little quiz, so here it is! Do check out her blog, it's so so good and she has hardly any followers! This is an issue that needs rectifying.

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?

Black Friday doesn't exist in the land of tea and crumpets. We either start in the January sales or wait until Christmas eve. I lean more to the latter. I've been pretty good this year though and I've almost totally finished! Just need to pick up one more thing for my boyfriend and a purse for my beautiful, inspirational Grandma who is sadly recovering from a broken hip.

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?

I'm probably going to have to steal Wanischa's answer of The Nightmare Before Christmas. I think I would make an awesome halloween monster. Or a fabulous female Sandy Claws. Sidenote: much to my boyfriend's abject horror, I only properly watched this film for the first time a few years ago at my friends house. 
I also love A Christmas Carol, but I know I'd be on the poor side of life and don't fancy Christmas at the work house... please sir?

                             

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas Day of course! The build up is all well and good, but it'll never compare to the main event. Plus, I don't eat turkey and spend all day playing with presents on Christmas Eve. No competition.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?

The Christmas tree was always my mothers pride and joy. She would proudly bring people over so they could ooh and aah over her magnificent creation. It was totally justified, they were amazebaubles (getit?) Last year me and my flatmate decorated our donated Christmas tree and it was lovely, but it's just not the same.  p.s. Oh, usually in the first week of December, but we haven't done it yet this year.

5. White lights or coloured lights?

White of course! Well actually, that slightly cream coloured light that you get in leds, so much softer and prettier! Coloured lights are all well and good for a bit of tack, but you can't beat a classic.

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?

I never peek! My boyfriend likes to leave things "hidden" in plain sight in nondescript boxes. He'll then loudly announce that my presents are inside but I mustn't peek. He hasn't broken me yet the fool! I love my surprises.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?

Gingerbread please. I feel like if you're in the workshop...you're probably working. And in that cold too! Can you imagine the hand cream you'd go through? Urgh and the splinters...

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!

We only really have one. We always open one present each, and it's always pyjamas or slippers, so that we can wear them for Christmas morning! We also like having hot chocolate or tea before bed time to put us to sleep quicker.

                                            
It tends to look about an 8th as good as these do. Pride!

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?

Mark Ruffalo circa 2004  My boyfriend! Of course. Love of my life.

10. What tops your tree?

A big silver glittery star. It came in at a ghetto fabulous 99p.

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?

I could maybe give you a few reindeer. And I know the partridge in the pear tree and the five gold rings. So sue me, I like animals and jewellery.

12. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?

Only in my dreams! I imagine I'd get spat on or something these days. I like to associate carolling with the grand old days of yore that I wasn't alive for. Sigh.

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?

Some years I do. Not this one for some reason. Just not feeling it? Christmas is kind of depressing for me sometimes. It's such a fun family thing and I kinda feel like I don't have much of a family to really do it with me. Urgh.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every Christmas season?

Definitely chocolate. We always end up inundated with tins and boxes of Quality Street, Roses, Heroes, Celebrations... etc We don't complain too much though... ;) Also a fabulous selection of cheeses. Yummers.

                               
All I need are my weapons of cheese destruction... (cream crackers)

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?

Can I be really grouchy and say it hasn't? It feels more and more commercial and rushed and forced every year. Although, I am looking forward to Christmas day at my boyfriends Nan's house. It'll be nice to have someone cook for me :) 


I tag anyone who has no Christmas Spirit. ;)


BONUS TIME! 



Here are the lovely presents that I wrapped up today. (Yes, I have included obligatory Quality Street for Jake's enormous Italian side of the family.)



My beautiful rat Anchovy exploring the presents! She loves the crumpling paper sound.



Little buggers caught trying to lick sugar out of a doughnut bag that they stole from my boyfriend and ran off with. I managed to snap this before they fled from the scene of the crime! Cashew (blonde) is looking particularly evil here.

When it comes to my rats: I know a lot of people can't get over the fact that wild ones are considered "vermin" or they have weird tails or whatever... but take Thumpers advice, "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." ;)

Lauren

12 comments:

  1. haha you are making me blush!
    Love your answers and the rats are cute :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it girl! :) haha
      awwh thanks they are lovely bless them. :) z

      Delete
  2. What a fun tag. You really prefer Christmas day? I like Christmas eve better. It's relaxing.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do this so I can see your answer! Usually Christmas eve is more hectic for me. We run around town dropping off presents like Sandy Claws himself. Christmas Day is was a strict close family only day for me :)x

      Delete
  3. Your rats are actually really cute haha :) I get loads of chocolate at Christmas too, we've got a huge pile of it already!

    http://bella-vita-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you :) they're so sweet :) hmm we've already been through quite a bit ourselves...oops! X

      Delete
  4. this is a lovely tag new follower pop over to my blog sometime coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like your blog :) following x

      Delete
  5. Nice rats))) I used to keep several too... They are pretty fun and smart animals ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I love my girls :) they are so clever x

      Delete
  6. Ahhhhh ratttieees!! I also have 3 rats, I can't believe they get a lot of bad remarks too :( They are the kindest sweetest smartest animals! Your two are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just because people don't bother to try with them. I've had no end of people say they don't like them, and then immediately change their minds when Anchovy is licking their fingers! x

      Delete