Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

NOTD: MUA, Plum Noir

I picked this shade up in my fairly recent Superdrug/MUA haul and it was staring at me longingly this morning. I usually try nail varnishes in the order that I buy them, so I'll always wear them at least once, but I put this one off for a bit because honestly I was worried that I would hate it and I didn't want to hate anything from MUA! Luckily this was absolutely not the case and I couldn't be more thrilled with the results!


It's a really beautiful purple magenta and just perfect for this season. I can also see it being a nice Summer colour because of how pink it leans.

£1, MUA website or Superdrug

Ignore the revolting ex-sticker patch. I toyed with trying to edit it out but I'm a complete novice and I'm certain it would have ended up looking even worse!

The thing that I was worried about most with the MUA polishes is that the brush applicator would be of a really low quality. In actual fact, this is my favourite applicator that I've ever used! It's shaped in such a way that it fans out slightly across the nail. I can paint my little finger in one stroke. The formula of this is quite nice too, I'm wearing two coats here and it's mostly opaque - one of my fingers on my right hand just would not even out, even after 3 coats, but I'm pretty sure it was down to my poor application. My only small negative is that the blocky top made it slightly difficult to manoeuvre around my nails, but this is only a little gripe. For just £1 this varnish is fantastic. I'm already on the look out for my next MUA nail purchase.

What do you think of this shade? Which MUA nail varnish should I pick up next? Suggestions please!

Lauren

P.S. Hello to all my new followers!

5 comments:

  1. These are lovely :) love the colour x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to buy any MUA polishes. I've got their eyeshadow trios and a palette, but I'm dubious about the polishes cos of the price. After your post though, i'm definitely going to pop in a pick a couple up at the weekend :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend :) they're never going to be Nails Inc or OPI but I was pleasantly surprised :) I'm really happy that I changed your mind about them! x

      Delete
  3. Have you seen the new MUA poish bottles, they're so cute! I've just posted about the Plum Noir shade, but on my toes. Check it out! ;)
    Charlotte.x

    http://www.looks2bloved.com/2013/06/mua-plum-noir-nail-polish-review.html

    ReplyDelete