1. Found a job I liked at a clothing store.
2. Lost said job within the same year.
3. Bought my two lovely pet rats for my birthday.
4. Applied to study Journalism at University.
5. Started my blog!
6. Started using and loving Twitter after vehemently telling everyone I never would.
7. Lost 7lbs and then gained 8lbs.
8. Began my first proper skincare regime.
9. Made a new friend and rediscovered an old friend.
10. Discovered tons of amazing brands and bought half of The Body Shop.
11. Tried scallops for the first time.
12. Wore lipstick for the first time.
All in all, not that bad. Admittedly I'm gutted that I'm currently jobless (my last shift is this Sunday) but really, not a terrible year.
Rather than tell myself that this will be the year I become a millionaire size 8, I've decided that I'm going to make a check list of totally achievable goals. So for 2013 I want to:
1. ACTUALLY GO TO UNIVERSITY! (okay so it's not beauty or blogging, but it is my number one priority for 2013!)
2. Buy my first high end product. I'm thinking a NARS Blush or a MAC Lipstick. (or both)
3. Buy some Real Techniques Brushes for my 20th birthday with accumulated Boots Points. (mini goal: do not spend Boots Points until birthday)
4. Get some real storage for all my stuff.
5. Work on developing a personal style. I shouldn't just wear what fits.
6. Create tabs on my blog for contact, about me and a blog roll (to start)
7. Paint my own banner and blog button.
8. Create social media buttons (or buy them if I I get too angry with it)
9. WEAR MORE MAKEUP. This really shouldn't be an issue for someone that actually writes about the stuff, but I wear hardly any make up and I don't even know why. It's so rare that I actually go for a "full face" and when I bother doing it for the day time, it's just mascara, eyeliner and some concealer. This needs to change. How am I ever going to use up my stuff?!
10. Be more diligent with my skincare and brush cleaning. Must not forget!
11. Follower goal: 500. It's quite a big number, but I feel like it's achievable! I've managed to get almost 150 in less than two months so who knows! I know it's not about the number, but it's such a huge boost when I get a follower, it literally makes my day.
12. Post more lifestyle. Books, films, recipes, interior design. Anything that takes my fancy. Variety is the spice of life apparently.
So that's about it. In my dreams I would also love to lose weight, take up French lessons again and learn to cook. But let's start small.
What are you beauty and blogging resolutions?
P.S. If you fancy celebrating 2013 by winning a few beauty goodies from me, click here!