Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Purple Duochrome Make Up with the MUA Immaculate Collection Palette

I posted the swatches from this palette here the other day and I absolutely fell in love with the very last shade in the palette.


It's an utterly beautiful purple based duochrome that shines electric blue.  I really hope that MUA decide to release this and some more duochromes in the single shadows. I know I'll be snapping some up! There were a few other colours in the palette that I was really drawn to but none so much as the duochrome. I've never used a shade like this before so of course I immediately had to whip out my makeup bag and start experimenting!


This is definitely more of an evening look but I just love it so so much! The camera isn't picking up the blue shimmer quite so well as I would have liked, this is definitely one that needs to be seen in person. This look was unbelievably simple but it gives such an impact. I think that this will be a go-to look for sudden invitations, it's very quick and perfect for a pop of colour. Ideally I would love to add some dramatic lashes to this, but I didn't have any! Boo.

Products Used:
MUA Immaculate Collection Palette

Soap and Glory Arch de Triumph
e.l.f Eye Brightening Pencil Liner in Black
The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black

Step 1.
Load the purple duochrome onto an eyeshadow brush and gently pat all over the lid. There is a bit of fall out so I do recommend applying your base afterwards or at least using some tissue under the eye to avoid that lovely purple concealer look.

Step 2.
Lightly trace out where you want your wing to be and bring it under the eye in one seamless line. Blend the wing  in towards the lid to connect up the design. 

Step 3.
Take a tiny amount of shade 7 on the same brush and blend very lightly into the crease for definition. 

Step 4.
Take the highlight pencil from the Arch de Triumph and smudge onto the brow bone and into the inner corner. Gently blend the edge of this with the shadow using a clean blending brush. It will create a lilac haze and soften the look.

Step 5.
Apply the liner to the upper lashline. Press the purple duochrome over the top to lightly define. The black alone looked quite harsh.

Step 6.
Add a couple of coats of your favourite mascara!

Et voila, a simple, easy to wear, evening look that can be applied in minutes. And using a super cheap palette! It doesn't get much better than that.

What do you think to this look? Will you be trying it any time soon? Also, I'd love some recommendations for some other cheap duochrome eye shadows!

Lauren

42 comments:

  1. Ooh this is so pretty! I still don't have this palette, I always look at it in Superdrug but I can never convince myself to get it. I love purples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette itself is a bit hit and miss but there are some absolutely stand out shades in there :) Me too! Colour is awesome. 50% off sale at MUA starting Monday, might be a good time to try it :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful product! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I loooove duo chrome shadows this one is stunning! Love the look you've created. I think MUA have a dupe of Mac's Club eyeshadow, I think it's the no.3 single shadow? Fave ever duo chrome shadow! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to look into that, thank you :) x

      Delete
  4. I love this colour so much! I think I have it in the singles as I had a bit of splurge a while ago and bought all the pearl single shades! I need to find an outfit that will match this colour so I can wear it more often! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly they don't have this exact shade but I've heard there is a similar one! :) Hmm good point! I'd maybe wear some dark prussian blues with this. Metallics would also be nice :) x

      Delete
  5. Im really loving some of the different shades in this palette, you can easily use this palette for an everyday look or glam it up for a night time look, which i love in a palette!! :)
    Ana
    X
    http://weallthinkdifferently.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! It's a really versatile bargain palette :) x

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that shadow is GORGEOUS.... it looks absolutely perfect on your eyes :D

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is lovely :) x

      Delete
  7. That blue looks stunning on you miss! love it, would love to be able to pull off a shade like this. x

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful. I'm sure you could pull it off! It's just a case of finding a wear to make it wearable and being comfortable with it :) I think this would suit any skin tone or eye colour really x

      Delete
  8. Hi found your blog on the #bloghop. Love your blog style and your posts! I have looked at this palette so many times but haven't quite committed to the purchase...you may have finally convinced me.

    www.katie-nicholls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray! So glad you like it :) I definitely recommend it, even for just a couple of the shades :) £8 is a bargain x

      Delete
  9. that looks great! I'll have to have a go with my mua palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a lovely blog. Make up looks great.
    I am your newest follower - would love a follow back?

    Emma
    x

    www.the-fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Happy to have you :) I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the link :) x

      Delete
  11. I adore this shade too, I used to use it for my everyday look blended with a bright blue! When I asked them on Facebook if they'd be doing it in a single shadow, they suggested shade 9 of their mono shadows, haven't had a chance to look at it in store but it looks pretty similar online, it's just hard to tell if it's duochrome!
    http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/pearl-eyeshadow

    Ali xx
    ZombiesWearEyeliner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds gorgeous :) It does look similar! May have to check it out at Superdrug :) thanks for the tip x

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the color. I could use some duochrome eyeshadows in my life. I'm obsessed with anything duochrome lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I want some more now! Duochrome is the future ;) x

      Delete
  13. This is a really awesome look. It looks amazing with your complexion too, not too overwhelming on the eyes. I'll def be getting this palette in the sale.


    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I can't wait to see what you create with yours :) x

      Delete
  14. That looks like a gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely stunning, I really wish it was available in the singles :'( haha x

      Delete
  15. This whole palette looks so pretty, some really lovely shades in there! And for just eight pound, who can argue?! Love your eyeshadow look :)
    oxox
    aglaiabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are a lot of really lovely colours in there :) exactly! Why not haha. Thank you :) x

      Delete
  16. Amazing! Especially with your eye colour!

    www.addiction-a-la-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was hoping it would enhance the greens and it did a little bit :) x

      Delete