Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Review: 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive | A.K.A The Most Perfect Shiny Nude Ever

I've been on the lookout for a perfect natural lip colour for ages and Beehive has been at the top of my wishlist for months. After a long fruitless search I just so happened to nip into Boots for a drink at St Pancras Station and the make up stands caught my eye (as usual.) Much to my surprise, there was the illusive Beehive. All nonchalant and beautiful. Needless to say I was ecstatic and it immediately went into my basket, along with a few other things... read about my day in London here.



I genuinely had no idea that the packaging had changed so dramatically from the old metallic turquoise tubes. I was totally unaware of the handy little mirror that popped out when I opened this! I definitely prefer the new sleek black look and find it much less garish than the old ones. They're still very easy to find in my collection because of the distinctive oblong shape and because this is actually my only lip product in black packaging. The only downside to the mirror is that it often pops out as you open the tube, but I've found that it's doing this less and less as I use it so I guess it's just a little snug at first. The lid fits very securely and there's a satisfying click as it snaps shut which I find very reassuring. There's no strong scent either, just a light typical lipstick scent that's certainly not offensive.

I had to take swatch photos from two angles here because the lighting washed the colour out a little. 

Ahh I love it! It was love at first swatch. Smooth, shiny and moisturising with a beautiful sheer peachy-pink tint. It's almost like a lip butter texture because it's so soft. I've worn this ridiculously often since purchasing and I love how full and shiny it makes my lips look. It's certainly not an opaque lip colour so the natural pigmentation of your lips will change the shade to what I like to think of as a custom match. It's so easy to slick on with any make up look and is the ideal finishing touch to a natural every day look. Wear time isn't amazing due to the texture but it fades very evenly and I really don't mind topping up every three hours or so. I generally try not to buy into blogger hype but this one was well deserved!

£4.59 from Boots and currently included in the 3 for 2 deal!

Final Verdict: The blogger hype is well deserved. A perfect sheer, shiny, neutral for all skin tones.

Have you tried Beehive? What's your neutral lip holy grail product?

Lauren

23 comments:

  1. It suits you! Im not sure how it'll look on my tanned complexion though x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, it's quite sheer and glossy so I think it would be good for most skintones :) I have an indian friend and it looks lovely on her x

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! Looks lovely on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahhhhhh this is one of the many UK things that I've always lusted after but can't get here in the states T__T It looks so absolutely gorgeous on you Lauren and I'm glad to hear that it lives up to the hype <3

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh I'm so sorry! it is gorgeous :) I wasn't sure myself if it could ever live up to the hype but it does! x

      Delete
  4. This colour looks lovely, it really suits you

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colour suits you so much! I didn't even know 17 had changed its packaging! Will have to take a look next time i'm in there!

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it's so much nicer now :) x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I don't blame you! It's a great nude :) x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. it is lovely :) the texture is so smooth and glossy x

      Delete
  8. u have such pretty lips...love the shade on u

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Love this colour :)

    Lyndsay ♡
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty on pale girls, wonder if it would suit me!

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! It's quite sheer and glossy so your natural colour should help it suit :) x

      Delete