Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Review: Deborah Milano 24 Ore Absolute Volume Mascara in Nero

I feel like the quest for the perfect mascara is never ending for womankind. There's always something bigger and better calling out to you with the promise of unbelievable lashes. Luckily for me, a representative of Deborah Milano contacted me about trying a couple of their products out and a fabulous mascara was one of them. Deborah Milano is a prominent Italian cosmetics company which is branching out into the UK this year which is absolutely fantastic. I love trying products from brands which I don't usually have access to and think it's wonderful that the internet is allowing us to try things we never would have heard of otherwise!


Massive thumbs up for this gorgeous packaging. It's a very feminine "hourglass" kind of shape and the shiny black plastic just screams "sexy" to me. I love the look of it and it feels really comfortable to handle. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into it and I definitely appreciate the effort. It feels super sturdy and I'd be more than happy to travel with it. Also it doesn't usually have that little strip of space between the top and tube, that was me being silly and not closing it tightly enough!


I assure you it is extremely black, I just had to over-edit this a bit to properly show off the bristles! This is without a doubt the biggest spoolie I've ever used! The website advertises this as a "jumbo wand" and they're not lying. My immediate worry was that it would be a nightmare to manoeuvre around my lashes but it was surprisingly easy and I think I actually prefer a larger applicator for my mascaras now. My only issue is that there's nothing inside the tube that properly scrapes off the excess product so you end up with a clump of it at the end of the wand as you can see above. Obviously it's not a deal breaker but I do get a little tired of smearing the end of the wand against the opening of the tube.

Bare Lashes

One Coat 

Two Coats
(No eyelash curlers used throughout)

As you can see I'm not gifted with the best natural lashes. They cross over and have blonde tips which makes them look really short! I have to say, I love how this mascara makes them look. I get fantastic length and can build up volume without clumping. It also gives quite a nice lift and holds a curl well. The formula is perfect for me, not too thick and dry, not too wet or thin. It dries really fast to a deep, dark black. The shape of the spoolie makes it a little difficult to get at the lashes in the inner corner though which is a disappointing. I also don't think there's anything particularly volumising about it either; it's no more volumising than any other mascara I've tried so I'm not sure how I feel about the "Absolute Volume" subtitle. Sadly it also smudged under my eyes. I'm yet to meet a mascara that doesn't do this on me (so it might not do the same to you!) It drives me absolutely mad! I don't rub my eyes and I don't have ridiculously long bottom lashes so I don't understand what the problem is. My hunt continues! Regardless of the negatives, I genuinely really like this mascara; a picture is worth a thousand words so I'm sure you can see why I like it!


Final Verdict: Fantastic formula and gorgeous packaging. Well worth £9.50. Not particularly volumising without layering though.

What do you think to this mascara? What's your all time favourite mascara?

Lauren

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have the prettiest eyelashes! I might have to try this as mine are mega short :( Lovely post.

    Jamie-Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mascara is amazing. Need to get my hands on it!

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this review Lauren...It's our first one ever in the UK :)

    And of course, we're glad you liked the mascara too - it looks great on you!

    We've shared your blog on our Facebook page and I think we'll be doing a give away on there in the next couple of weeks as well, so watch this space ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely be looking out for that :) I'm so proud to be a part of your history :) x

      Delete
  4. Your eyelashes look amazing! They're lovely even before mascara but with it...wow! I love the packaging too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have great eyelashes! This looks like a good mascara - any ideas on when it launches in the UK? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available now :) http://www.deborahmilano.co.uk/ tons of lovely products! I'm trying a bb cream as well in "Fair Rose" and the colour is literally perfect. Might be a good match for you too :) x

      Delete
  6. Wow, this looks great on you Lauren!! What a lovely product to have received :D

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Purty-
    Wow has it ever been a Monday around here! Hope yours was super awesome. Keep up the great posts, I enjoy learning from you! I wonder if this brand is available in Arizona? I love Lancome and L'Oreal mascaras!
    Ciao ciao for now!
    Cherelynn
    P.S. I’m doing a free webinar for beauty consultants, if you know an Avon, Arbonne or MaryKay lady who could use more sales and bridal clients, would you share this link? Thanks!
    Visit http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/02/free-webinar-how-to-build-your-bridal_23.html


    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this brand but I'm glad I now have... the effect of this mascara is impressive! My lashes are half blonde as well, so a dark separating mascara is really a must for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is simply amazing the effect of one coat
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love how it has lifted your eyelashes. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your eyes look amazing! This mascara looks wonderful, but a tad expensive! :o

    http://alltimejay.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you! :) I agree, it is a bit much for me but I do so love it! x

      Delete