Pages

Friday 29 March 2013

Zalando Home and Storage Mini Haul

A little while ago I was contacted by a company called Zalando to see if I'd like to review anything from their website. Zalando to me is like a giant online TK Maxx. It's a great mix of European designer and high street products to match all budgets. Naturally, I immediately said yes and went shopping. I first started trawling through all the beauty items and was very tempted to try a Shiseido lipstick but as I was exploring the website I absolutely fell in love with the homeware. Zalando is best known for it's women's clothing (here) and extensive range of fabulous shoes (here) but nothing in the plus size range jumped out at me and the only shoes I need are trainers (functional but painfully boring to review I fear.) In the end I plumped for the cutest little candle holder I've ever seen and some brand new makeup storage.


This adorable and surprisingly massive candle holder was only £4 and I love how it looks when it's lit up. I think this is going to be perfect to take away to University with me to remind me of home. The only slightly infuriating thing about it is that it doesn't lift off the base so you have to physically reach in to put the candles in and light them. Luckily it is really wide so you can get your arm in easily but it's such a pain! I can forgive and forget though since it's so beautiful. Coincidentally, the Yankee samplers are amazing. It was just what I needed to give my mood a boost and remind me that Summer will eventually come. I definitely recommend the scents if you haven't tried them yet.


And here is my storage. This was by no means cheap at £25 but I definitely think it was worth it. My collection just, and I mean just, squeezes in completely. It's an absolute dream to not have lying all over the house. So much more organised! I really like the milky, translucent acrylic. Very neat. It feels really sturdy and you can open the drawers all the way without any ominous creaking. It's also fairly light and easy to transport which is a big plus for me. Even being completely filled I can easily carry it up the stairs without wobbling. As you can see, I've included a photo of my favourite drawer - the lip drawer! Let me know if you'd like to see any collection posts. I've actually shamefully added to this since I took the photo...oops. 

I have to say, Zalando shipping is great. Free delivery and returns no matter what you order and it's really fast and well packed. I definitely recommend having a least a browse! I have my sights trained on some jewellery... and maybe a handbag or two!

Zalando Home Tealight Holder £4* (sadly no longer in stock)
Nomess Copenhagen Bathroom Storage £25*

Have you bought anything from Zalando before? What do you think to my picks?

Lauren

21 comments:

  1. The tealight holder is so cute! Pink Dragonfruit is one of my favourites. The storage looks great too; I need some more for all mine, it's all getting very full! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh it's so beautiful! I adore it! Yeah I admit, my collection is once again bulging a little :( haha x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore that tealight holder, had a browse through their site and they have some fab items - but I've never come across the brand before :)

    Jess
    xo
    http://lovelyjubblyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either but it all looks really good! I love the home wear and shoes :) x

      Delete
  3. You have the best lipstick collection can I just say! That is the most beautiful candle holder I've ever seen, I've just opened up the site in a new tab to check it out I want it so bad! Love what you got! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised you said it was no longer in stock (stupid me) That sucks it's so beautiful, but they have lots of other cool stuff on their site xo

      Delete
    2. I know it's such a pain :( they dooo :) x

      Delete
  4. Looks like you nabbed some lovely stuff!! Good makeup storage really does make all the difference in the world :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does! A tidy home = a tidy mind? maybe haha. Either way it's nice to just have it all in one place :) x

      Delete
  5. The candle holder is gorgeous! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the candle holder!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love it! I've never seen a candle holder like that before. Definitely going to have to check that website out, I love TK Maxx so I'm sure I'll love this place too.

    Amy xxx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    p.s. Yankee candles are amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love tk maxx you'll probably love zalando! :) I want to be a crazy yankee candle hoarder! x

      Delete
  8. wow the candle holder is so pretty and so unique! as for makeup storage, I was just staring at it trying to spot the lipstick shades haha aka love it!

    Miranda M | http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is :) haha the lipstick drawer is always the best one! x

      Delete
  9. Never seen anything like this...definitely want that candle holder now! Great post!

    www.youonmycloud.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad that it's sold out! it's super popular :) x

      Delete