Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

Hello Again

So you may or may not have noticed that this blog has been quiet for almost a month now. Things took a turn for the worst with my Grandma's health recently and she ended up in hospital. She's been living with a broken hip for several months now and they're refusing to operate until her respiratory problems clear up since they don't know if she could survive the anaesthetic. Sadly her breathing only got worse and she had to spend a few days in hospital. She was discharged on April 16th (her 78th Birthday bless her) and I'm happy to report that she's feeling a lot better! She couldn't do anything around the house though so I've been spending a lot of time over there helping her out. She's literally the most important person in my life, we've always been close and she took me and brother in when my Mum died so she's essentially the only parent figure I have.

Honestly I've been feeling so miserable at the notion of anything worse happening that blogging just totally fell to the wayside. I actually had my birthday on April 23rd and spent two days in Cambridge with my wonderfully supportive boyfriend from April 30th - both things that I would have loved to share with you lovely people - but I just haven't felt up to it. As with most things, the longer I stayed away from blogging the harder it felt to jump back into it. I somehow felt that I'd no longer be any good at it or that people would no longer care about me and all sorts of ridiculous notions that one thinks when miserable and anxious about uncontrollable things. But my boyfriend sat me down and reminded me how happy this made me and that no matter what I may think right now, there are so many amazing people that really do care about my feelings and opinions, and that's everyone who cares enough to still be reading this right now. I was amazed today when I logged on to see that I actually had several new followers and even people asking where I was on Twitter. So I just wanted to say thank you and that Peachy Curves is going nowhere soon.

Lauren

26 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren I am both so happy and so sad to read this!! Sad that your grandma is going through bad health but happy she sounds to be on the mend... sad that you were a bit worried about blogging again but happy that you see you have loyal readers!! I really have missed having your blog posts to read and sweet comments on my posts as well; get back to it whenever you're feeling able and know that there will be many who will be so happy to have you posting again! <3
    Also, happy belated birthday and congrats on having what sounds like a wonderful and supportive boyfriend :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words Cassie! I'd thought of you too :) I know it was silly of me! Ahh. Yes I do count myself as very lucky for my sweet other half and all of the wonderful readers! much love, x

      Delete
  2. Really glad that your Grandma is feeling much better Lauren :) It's great that you've decided not to quit blogging altogether, in your posts you can really see how passionate you are about it and I've missed reading your posts.

    Happy belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful, thats such a lovely thing to say :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about everything that's been going on, family comes before blogging every time. But I'm glad to hear you're coming back :) I've missed your posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh I know, such a nightmare sometimes! Thank you so much :) x

      Delete
  4. I have missed you! I did wonder where you had gone, but so glad to hear your Grandma is feeling better and you had a nice birthday. Take Care my lovely and only come back when you are ready, we will all still be here.

    Lyndsay xxx
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh I'm sorry! Thank you for being so kind and supportive x

      Delete
  5. So pleased to hear from you again, I thought about you the other day and wondered where your smiley face had disappeared from my blog feed :D I'm so sorry about you Grandma, I hope she'll be OK xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwh! Yeah I know I was a bit MIA recently, not good :( I hope so too. Thank you gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear you've been through a tough time but I'm so pleased to her that your Grandma is feeling better now!

    Happy belated birthday!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have you back! I'm glad your Grandma is feeling better, looking forward to your future posts. You were missed xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! Yeah she is feeling better, stronger all the time :) x

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, I hope she's feeling better and I hope you feel better too! We miss you on here, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are ok sweet... we have the same birthday :'D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better Danni :) no way! Awesome :D xxx

      Delete
  10. Well, late Happy birthday! I hope your grandma feels great soon... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Im so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a tough time lately but its great that your Grandma is feeling much better and i hope she's continues to get better!

    Hope you had a lovely birthday too! :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh yeah, thank you so much lovely. I had an amazing Birthday :) x

      Delete
  12. I used to visit your blog somewhat sporadically to see if you had posted again. I'm glad you're Grandma is better :)
    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh you're so lovely Coco :) thank you xxx

      Delete